UNDEREYE BAGS AND WRINKLES
Your eyes are the window to your soul... but bags and wrinkles just cloud the view. It’s time to do something about them. There are a number of anti-wrinkle treatments available which will smooth areas around the eye and give you that anti-aging miracle you’ve been looking for.
What Causes Undereye Bags and Wrinkles?
Several factors influence this facial phenomenon, and the bags you notice under your eyes when you're in your 20s can be a lot different from the ones you develop in your 40s. When you're young, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, a diet full of salty foods and water retention can lead to bags. As you get older, bags under your eyes are a natural part of aging and the reason is simple: We all have fat in our faces, and it's held in place by ligaments and muscles. As we get older, those ligaments and muscles weaken, and everything starts to sag -- making the fat more visible. A similar thing happens within our skin: Collagen levels decline with age, causing the skin to lose its elasticity and begin to sag everywhere, including the face. Smoking, excessive exposure to sun and other harsh environmental elements will dehydrate and wrinkle skin too.
How Can Undereye Wrinkles Be Treated?
• Botox. Fine eye wrinkles can be smoothed with regular Botox treatments. Using a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, Botox dramatically reduces specific muscle activity around the eyes which keeps wrinkles from forming and smoothes the skin. Botox can keep facial lines relaxed for up to four months.
• Juvederm Tampa. Deep folds and fine eye wrinkles will be smoothed and hydrated once injectable gel filler, made of hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring substance in skin), is introduced under the skin. Smoother skin around the eye can last as long as a year.
• Exilis Skin Tightening. Using Exilis can help tighten aging skin by heating the collagen in the lower layers of the skin, causing the deep collagen structures to tighten immediately so you'll see firmer skin right after treatment. Over the long term, that heat energy also stimulates future collagen production, so your skin will gradually tighten further giving you a more youthful appearance.
• Fraxel Laser. Fine lines and eye wrinkles are commonly remedied using Fraxel Laser resurfacing treatment. Microscopic areas of the skin are pinpointed to clear away old, damaged skin cells. Collagen production increases and results in healthier, smoother skin.
• ViPeel. Eyes wrinkles resulting from sun damage can be now be treated with this unique brand of chemical peel skin treatment. Firmer, tighter, rejuvenated skin around the eyes will result after one week.
• Non Surgical Eyelift. Hollowness or bags around the eyes can be corrected or camouflaged through the placement of small amounts of dermal filler in the lower eyelids. Eye treatments only take a few minutes and the recovery time is minimal. One to three treatments are recommended and results can last up to two years.