Juvéderm XC, Voluma & Volbella
One of the hallmarks of healthy, beautiful skin is the lifted, firm volume of youth. As you age, however, your skin begins to lose some of its volume. The face takes on a hollowed, gaunt look, and wrinkles and lines begin to appear more prominent. Now, a single treatment from the Juvéderm collection of fillers can help correct wrinkles and folds, give lips a plumper appearance, and restore a youthful facial contour for up to to one year.
What is Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm® is an FDA-approved smooth injectable gel capable of restoring volume to the skin. As an anti-wrinkle treatment, Juvederm smooths away moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds, including those highly visible ones around the mouth, nose and forehead. This filler is made of hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in the skin that delivers nutrients, helps the skin retain moisture and softness, and adds volume. Hyaluronic acid injections also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, two proteins that contribute to the skin’s fullness and elasticity.
There are four formulations in the JUVÉDERM Collection: JUVÉDERM XC and Juvéderm Ultra XC are used to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles around the nose and mouth. JUVÉDERM Voluma XC is FDA-approved for instantly adding volume to the cheeks. And Juvéderm® VOLBELLA® with Lidocaine is the newest FDA-approved filler, developed specifically for your lips and mouth area.
How does Juvéderm Work?
At Lecada Tampa, Juvederm treatments are injected into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur. As Juvéderm® is injected into the problem area, it can be smoothed or sculpted to attain the desired effect.
Juvéderm Ultra Works Well For:
• Moderate wrinkles. If you have slight to moderate wrinkles Juvederm Ultra is the better bet as it has a good consistency for handling these issues and won’t be overkill.
• Scar Correction. Its thinner consistency makes Juvederm Ultra better equipped at correcting the look of scars.
• Slight Lip Enhancement. If you only want a slight lip enhancement, Juvederm Ultra is an excellent option. Its finer molecules give it a silkiness that works well for natural lip enhancement.
Juvéderm Ultra Plus is Best For:
• Significant Lip Enhancement. The ability to fill more effectively makes Juvederm Ultra Plus the best option for those that want dramatic results.
• Deeper wrinkles. Juvederm Ultra Plus was designed to go deeper into the skin to fill out more severe wrinkles.
• Naso-labial folds. Again, Juvederm Ultra Plus outperforms when it comes to correcting naso-labial folds because it’s thicker and goes deeper into the dermis.
• Areas with greater volume loss. Because of its thicker consistency and cross-linking Juvederm Ultra Plus works better for those that have significant volume loss. This makes it the better option for filling out areas like the cheeks.
• Facial Shaping. Unlike Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus is injected into the fat layers, which is ideal for facial shaping.
Juvéderm Voluma Is Best Suited For:
• Maximum Lift and Volume. While Juvéderm Ultra offer excellent results when applied to fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, nose, and eyes, Voluma is often better suited to larger scale facial volumizing.
• Facial Recontouring. Because of its thicker consistency and cross-linking Voluma works better for those that have significant volume loss in the cheeks, temples or even earlobes. This is the better option for filling out areas like the cheeks. It’s the first and only FDA-approved filler to instantly add volume to the cheek area.
• Long Lasting Results. Of all the Juvéderm products, Voluma is the longest lasting, restoring facial volume for about two years.
Volbella Is Best Suited To:
• Define Lip Contours and Add Subtle Volume. Volbella's smooth, thin consistency makes it the best option for subtle, natural looking results that define lip contours and enhance the cupid’s bow while enhancing overall volume.
• Smooth upper lip lines (a.k.a. smoker's lines) and marionette lines. Because Volbella was created specifically for the lips, it addresses other aging concerns of the mouth including the vertical lines that form around the lips, usually due to pursing your lips frequently; marionette lines (the lines leading from the edge of your lips to your chin); and correcting the downturn of the corners of your lips that gives you the appearance of a permanent frown.
What Does the XC mean?
The letters 'XC' on any Juvederm filler simply means a local anesthetic, Lidocaine (0.3%), has been added to enhance patient comfort. It’s essentially the same product with an extra ingredient, although XC syringes contain 25% more product. Don’t be afraid to ask to see the box; any reputable injector will be happy to show you the product.
Juvéderm® helps restore a youthful appearance by filling wrinkles, folds and enhances the lips. It brings back the youthful skin that has been diminished by age and other skin changes. The smooth, natural results are immediately visible. In fact, studies conducted by the manufacturer, Allergen, report that Juvéderm XC results last 9 to 12 months and JUVÉDERM Voluma XC can add volume for up to two years.
Side effects tend to be minor and are typical for any kind of injectable filler. They include swelling of the skin around the injection site, redness, bruising (which may be increased if you’re taking blood thinners), bumps, and skin irritation. These should pass within a week.
Repeat Juvéderm treatments annually to maintain desired results. If you are interested in Juvéderm Treatments in Tampa, please schedule your FREE consultation today.