FROWN LINES, PUCKER LINES AND LIP WRINKLES
Even happy people get frown lines unfortunately. These deep creases found between our eyes and across our foreheads are an inevitable part of the aging process, as are wrinkles around the mouth and lips. In fact, smokers who contract their lip muscles regularly will notice premature lip wrinkles too. While unsightly, lip wrinkles and frown lines don’t need to be permanent reminders of the aging process. With the development of new wrinkle treatments created specifically to smooth all kinds of lines and wrinkles, your face doesn’t have to betray your good mood any longer.
What Causes Frown Lines?
Thanks to repeated sun exposure, environmental elements, daily muscle movement and age, frown lines happen. The sun is the biggest culprit as it breaks down the collagen fibers that keep your skin smooth and tight. Also, once skin loses its elasticity, it does not retain moisture as well which leads to additional creasing and sagging. Smokers can experience a further decrease in collagen production and skin hydration which will worsen frown lines considerably.
What Causes Pucker Lines?
Environmental factors, various behaviors and genetics all contribute to your predisposition for lip wrinkles. Smoking, or any action that causes you to pucker regularly, will increase your tendency to have lines around your lips. Since your lips contain very little melanin (which helps protect your skin), sun exposure will break down collagen quickly and leave you with thinner, less full lips. Pollution and continued petroleum based lipstick use can also dry out lip skin and cause wrinkling too.
Wrinkle Treatments for Frown Lines and Pucker Lines
• Botox. Horizontal forehead lines, vertical lines between eyebrows (glabella) and lip wrinkles respond well to regular Botox Tampa treatments. Using a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, Botox can dramatically reduce the muscle activity that causes deep frown lines to form. Botox can keep facial lines relaxed for up to four months.
• Juvederm Tampa. This injectable gel filler made of hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring substance in skin) helps add volume and hydration to frown lines. After it is eased under the skin into the mid- to deep-dermis of the face, the skin’s volume is restored and patients leave with a smoother, more natural look. Juvederm results are immediate and can last up to one year.
• Radiesse. Patients looking to smooth, contour and lift without surgical enhancement should consider Radiesse. Using a specially formulated biocompatible substance (identical to what is found in our bones and teeth), a dermal scaffold is created through which your body’s own collagen grows to restore a healthy, youthful appearance.
• Sculptra. This dermal filler and collagen regeneration product can treat deep frown lines. Often used to recontour areas where supportive collagen and fat tissue have diminished due to age or sun exposure, Sculptra can result in more natural-looking, youthful appearance for as long as 2-3 years.
• Lip Augmentation. A natural-looking and long lasting lip plumping solution can result from a Permanent Lip Volumizing Treatment. Utilizing a micro-droplet technique, your body forms collagen around the injected molecules to eventually produce the desired look. The amount of collagen formed depends upon your own body's sensitivity. One to three treatments may be recommended in one month intervals. Permanent lip augmentation is an excellent alternative for people who have tried temporary fillers but are now looking for a longer lasting solution.
• Exilis. Using a revolutionary patented technology that delivers ultrasonic waves and controlled heating to the tissue, Exilis precisely targets deeper fat layers while contact cooling of the surface regulates the temperature of the skin and protects fine dermal structures. Not only will your fat cell volume decrease, but your skin will tighten and become younger-looking.
• Fraxel Laser. Sun damage and the deep frown lines it ultimately causes are commonly treated with Fraxel Laser. Thousands of microscopic areas of the skin are pinpointed with a laser to penetrate and clear away old, damaged skin cells. As the body increases collagen production, the forehead smoothes out and frown lines dissipate.